Music is a huge part of style. The two go hand in hand. Milk and cookies, mac and cheese, beer and crabs. In thinking about this, I decided to share my playlist that has gotten me through the beginning of summer. I’ve tried to branch out to some new things here and there but I’m a creature of habit, so I tend to revert to old favorites. In no particular order……
1. Florida Kilos – Lana Del Rey
2. Breezeblocks – Alt-J
3. Doses and Mimosas – Cherub
4. Stolen Dance – Milky Chance
5. Fancy – Iggy Azalea (admit it, it has been stuck in your head all day too)
6. Seasons – Future Islands
7. Heart of Glass – Popeska
8. Bad Blood – Bastille
9. Old 45’s – Chromeo
10. Something Good – Alt-J
11. Brooklyn Baby – Lana Del Rey
12. Summer – Calvin Harris (because, same thing about Fancy, it’s been stuck in my head)
I’ll be adding to this as summer continues.
If you don’t like this music or think it’s all garbage, then don’t listen to it – pretty simple really. If you like it, awesome! Let’s plug in the phone and cruise around Baltimore. 😉
Also thoughts about Lana’s new album? I’m liking it more and more. I had the privilege of photographing her last month and she is amazing live, I don’t care what anyone says. One of the best shoots of my life.